Colorado Candidates Only
Part-time opportunity for a Graphic Designer with successful marketing + visual agency. We work with small and midsize nonprofit organizations to engage their audiences through catchy strategies and creative design.
As part of our team you will:
- Showcase your great sense for layout, typography, color and textures
- Design logos, branding and implementation
- Create social media graphics, infographics and other visual images for web
- Design annual reports, impact reports, manuals, brochures and fundraising campaign assets
- Support our web developer by creating well-designed yet functional websites
- Implement our clients’ brands, personalities and design preferences into stylish materials
- Collaborate with our clients, partners and team members
- Share your expertise and how-to’s on our company blog
- Take ownership of your critical role in our success to be both strategic contributor and tactical implementer in support of agency objectives
- Deliver projects on-time and on budget; maintain accurate account records for timekeeping management, including expenses, and creative design files
- Enjoy a flexible part-time schedule with work-from-home perks
Please do not respond unless you meet the following skills and requirements:
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficiency with Adobe CS — Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign
- Canva template creation
- Familiarity with CSS and HTML
- Familiarity and interest in web design, WordPress and web-based design
- Knowledge of design and layout principles
- Ability to prepare files for printer (crop marks, bleeds, packaging)
- Must know spot-colors from 4-color process and conversion for web
- Experience working with newspaper layout; both design and print production
- Experience with designing MicrosoftWord and PowerPoint templates
- Experience designing mail pieces that meet USPS design requirements
Design Skills Required:
- First and foremost, we need you to bring your creative design to the table. Clients turn to us to create unique materials, creative designs they couldn’t do internally. No holding back on designs or playing it safe.
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience as a graphic designer (no exceptions). This is a highly creative role, not production work.
- Must be able to design for both print and web.
- Ability to design unique materials; using fonts, textures and treatments
- Ability to present new concepts, explain the thought process and brainstorm
- Vision to see how something will work on the web vs. print vs. mobile
- Open to the fact our clients use Canva and lean on us for templates they may use for social posts, etc.
Required Interpersonal Skills:
- Confidence in working directly with clients both on initial project development and requests for previous jobs to be modified
- Juggle multiple projects, manage workflow and stay in communication with clients
- Understanding of print production, quoting process and the questions to ask.
- Excellent team member, ability to take direction well, determine next steps
- Quick learner with the craving to learn more, try new things and think out-of-the-box
- Excellent communicator, responsive to e-mail, telephone and direct interactions.
- Always include a summary of expectations, turn times, etc.
Please send your current resume and portfolio to: email@example.com with “Graphic Designer” noted in the subject line. Deadline to submit is April 28, 2023.
- Three to five low-res .pdf or .jpg examples of your print designs. BE VERY CLEAR if the project is part of a team project or 100% your work. Describe your role.
- Minimum of three logo designs you’ve created
- Samples of website, social media images and email campaigns you’ve created
- Two professional reference contacts (phone and email). Please no family members; only current or former supervisor/employer, professor, community service supervisor or other.
Candidates with stylish design skills + proven portfolios will be called for in-person interviews.
This is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week), NOT a contract position.
- Hourly range of $25-$32 per hour
- Monthly stipend
- Paid holidays
- Paid day off for your birthday!
Our headquarters is located in North Metro Denver Area, but this position allows for remote work. As an employee, you will be part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We provide competitive compensation commensurate with experience and excellent perks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.