Finding fun new plug-ins is exciting! It helps to add personality to your site, make it unique and many times add functionality. One of our event management clients was looking to add a countdown to their event day to their site. Boy, the variety of plug-ins for countdown tools is vast. Yet, quickly I was disappointed by the lack of customizing and amateur appearance.
I was giddy to find a plug-in called Uji Countdown Pro. They offer a free version which works but, for $19 you can take your countdown to another level.
Talk about easy to use! This plug-in has an intuitive setup that allows you to have multiple countdowns (ah, those of us launching programs are dancing). You can adjust the size, colors, and more. I love how easy it is to create the countdown and add it to a sidebar or page.
For our client we added the countdown to the home page. Check it out live by visiting www.coloradoadvocacy.org
Here’s a screenshot showing the countdown matching the conference branding:
How can you use this nifty plug-in on your site?
- Launch of a new coaching program
- Launch of an event, seminar, conference or other live event
- CPA’s add a countdown to April 15th. You could use green and red for the colors red.
- Countdown to early registration rates
- Landscapers add a countdown to Spring (reminder of lawn care, planting flowers, etc.)
- For the holiday a countdown for free shipping rates
What ideas do you have for using this nifty plug in?